Friday, July 20, 2012

There's already someone there...

We are at hubby2be's union to pick up some accomidations he's gotten over the years with his recent job for his appilcation for BC Ambulance. I can prove to you his meant to be a paramedic from these recongnitions... Helped a co-worker having a heart attack, put out a car fire that had happened in someone's driveway, helped catch an old lady from falling, A teenage girl was drugged and being taken home by two guys - he called the police as it looked suspicious and possibly saved her life by doing so an for staying calm and taking proper action when there was a gun threat in his workplace. (fyi- he is in a public service job so that is why he has been these types of situations) In the time Ive been with him, he has stopped at every accident (if it looks severe) and there isnt an emergency vehicle already there, just to make sure people are okay. When we first got together I foud it weird and annoying that we 'had' to stop for these things. I figured someone else was there helping already but the truth is as time has gone on I've realized that thats not true. People think like I used to "oh someone else is doing it". We've pulled over on the side of the highway in a blizzard with our horsetailer because a car spun out. The driver was unconcious and the passenegers were in and out. There was no cell service so we waited till highway workers radioed for an ambulance. Before we had pulled over they had been there 20 mins and no one had stopped to help them. I think thats scary and now I know there usually isnt someone there already. I have alot of similar stories that Im sure you'll hear about but this is one of the many that really showed me what kind of man he is and how most people are. Ive told many people that he is in school to be a paramedic now and I keep getting the same response of how it is a very admiral job, helping people on that level. I have always thought the same but the truth is I do not believe you cab go into this job looking for awards or self gratification. I know hubby2be will just be happy to help those he can, an the one's he cant he will try his best for but I do believe he will stay very humble about it as all I ever see from him is him going out of his way to help others and never expecting anything back in return. I wish I could be more like that, though I believe I am more now than I used to be because of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear your tidbits of life too! (ps. you don't need an account to comment)