Friday, January 30, 2015

Cabin Fever


Thing about being a wife of a paramedic, is never really knowing what the next day will bring. With my husband's crazy schedule, we don't really have a set "schedule" in this house.

If we need to do something, like grocery shop, go to town, get feed for the animals, it's done in between my husband being on call and actually being on shift. Which is sometimes 2 weeks straight of work, and everything else gets put on hold...

Sometimes it can drive me a bit insane, or even make me wonder when the last time he was home!
Take for example the other day, he was on call, got called out right at 8am, his car got sucked into a bigger city 5 hours away and bam, did not get home till 12am. Yeah, that's 16 hours.

But that's normal for him and I've heard a lot of people say it's hard on the other spouse, but honestly, I already do pretty well alone, so it doesn't bother me too much, unless it's one of those days where the kids are driving me crazy... ha ...

and with me being all alone with just the kids, comes the dread of being stuck inside in winter. I thought the snow was melting this week, that was hopeful of me, it just snowed another inch this morning.

Winter is not the best time in the country, after Christmas that is, cabin fever right now is at the highest, kids are basically so stir crazy it's not funny!

I cannot wait for summer.

There's something very relieving about knowing we have 10 acres of grass for them to just run on.

So, as I still wait for the news I want to hear, I'm really feeling the winter cabin fever right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear your tidbits of life too! (ps. you don't need an account to comment)