Friday, November 9, 2012

following dreams.

well we all know emrhub's is following a dream from his single digit days. yes, even his mom will vouch for his sick need to watch medical shows and look over the top of the window to the car accidents when he was seven or even younger... for that i'm so proud of him because up till point i felt most of his dreams had been taken from him.

i personally as a child had many dreams. i wanted to own a farm, a big log house, a truck and horse trailer. i wanted many horses, dogs and animals in my life. most of all though i wanted a husband. a husband others would look up to and i wanted children with this husband. i think in many ways a lot of my dreams have came true. aside from my materialistic wants other than our truck, and recently i had to let go of my trailer.

but if we're talking serious DAY DREAMING dreams. like you know, the kid in the band that says they'll be famous one day, those dreams. the ones where others look at you like you're nuts... well those dreams for me were easy...

i wanted the book that i thought up when i was thirteen to be published and get a movie deal. i've wanted this more than a lot of things in life. and even when i've left it for years ive come back and back again because for whatever reason, i feel these characters need to have their story told. their not conventional and their not perfect. their two characters that love each other greatly and through all odds make their life complete. its scary at the same time, to put your dream out there and ask for what you've always wanted. that book series for me, is that kid wanting to be famous. it's that book deal staring me in the face, it's casting those actors to portray my beloved characters. all the while, letting them go, out into the unknown is wildly scary.

in the grand scheme of things, i am a nobody. i have nothing published. no merits. only this book series that i've held close to my heart for ten years.

this year will be my year to complete this dream. 2013 will be my writers year. a moment i've only dreamed of while standing in a long line, before i fall asleep at night, driving in the car or just stopping for a moment and thinking, what would life be like if i get signed.

i've spent the last two days writing my Query letter and synopsis for book agents. I'll finish the week with a Cover letter and then we'll throw our dice and see what happens... {book deal, book deal, book deal, book deal...}


1 comment:

  1. I actually went to school for this very reason, and loved every minute of it. Having to write stories for my classes really made me accountable everyday to keep up with what I was doing. Now, after having a baby I haven't written anything in almost a year. But I am trying to get back on track. A very good friend of mine is living the English Major dream by going to grad school in Boston and learning from the best, as well as, writing about the greats of our art. Totally jealous of her lol. But I've realized, just like you said, my dreams of being an author depend on me putting myself out there. In class our professors told us that we would receive a LOT of rejection letters but not to be discouraged because it happens to everyone. So don't stop if you come up to a bump in the rode. I had a short story I work-shopped in class and my professor told me to edit and send it out because they thought it could get picked up. But I never did. I was really scared of putting myself out there. But I want to be courageous now and follow that path again. I'm proud of you for not giving up on what you wanted for so long. I wish you the best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear your tidbits of life too! (ps. you don't need an account to comment)