Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Culture shock. Paramedic school reality.

Paramedic school has been a big adjustment for us. A good one but a big one. Im tired, he's exhausted and our tot just keeps asking me where daddy is. When he's not at school he's studying or volunteering. A kiss in the morning counts as nothing really compared to before. It's like I'm living a whole other life... Someone elses...

We went from always having him to now maybe seeing a hour or so before bed. While its definetly not all for nothing, and I'm not complaining but to say we're fine? It's an adjustment one I figured be easier. It's all just prepping us to be a first resonder family. Then I wonder what life will really be like. Right now it's like culture shock....


1 comment:

  1. My husband went through his medic school while we were engaged and I was in school, living at home. He was doing about 16 hours a week of class time, 40 hours at work, and then when he started clinicals he was working between 24-40 hours with those. 80 hour weeks are no fun and it was hard enough being in separate states and not seeing each other. He was exhausted and so ready to be done with it. But more than likely it won't seem as crazy after he is done and working as a Paramedic. This is the hard part. Hang in there!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear your tidbits of life too! (ps. you don't need an account to comment)