Thursday, September 20, 2012

Yes, I'll give up everything for him.

lately, as all our friends and family finds out about EMRhubby and his Paramedic school, they also figure out that we will be moving. we don't currently have a time frame for moving but it will be sooner, rather than later. there's a few reason's for this a) he can get full time work b) we purposely decided to make this life change so we could move as we aren't city people AT ALL c) EMRhubby has wanted to be a paramedic since he was a kid and since his current job is quickly turning into a joke, he needed to decide and commit to what he's always brought up but never acted on.
With people's acknowledgement to his new career comes this new comment... "so, you're going to give up everything you've built and worked so hard for so he can do whatever he wants?" this comment has become so popular, i had to write this blog on it. And here's my answer to that...

I don't need to feel like I'm giving up anything. Because everything I've done and worked so hard for isn't for nothing. my company will not dissolve unless I wish it. which it I don't. i'm able to adapt to a new city or province and still do what i do. i'm not giving up anything. i'm giving my family a better life. i'm making my husband happy and giving my kids a quiet and family orientated life. their going to be proud of their father and they'll grow up safe and happy. to me, it seems silly to stay in a place that makes us unhappy and doesn't allow us to grow as a family. most of all, i committed to a man long ago that I would do anything for him, all I could for him and support him. having a husband that hates his work and is constantly angry about having to go to work... how does it make ANY SENSE to not? i've never seen my husband so happy to work so hard towards something, for as long as I've known him. he has text books that weigh about 50 lbs all together and he reads them happily. 

so yes, to answer your question... I will give up everything for him. I'm prepared to be alone, and sometimes feel like a single mom. To deal with shift work and live in a different city. To know my husband is out there saving and helping people. I'll be proud of him. I know this is what we have to do and what we are meant to. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear your tidbits of life too! (ps. you don't need an account to comment)