Thursday, September 6, 2012

emrhubby was right...

tuesday afternoon emrhubby's mom took the kids out while we went to see my horse. emrhubby stayed at the barn with the truck, while i decided to take my horse up and down the road quickly for a ride. he made some grumbles and when i asked him what his issue was, he said 'nothing, you just dont have a helmet on'.
firstly, emrhubby has never liked helmets but all of a sudden i should have my helmet on.
i shrugged and walked Lilly out to the road. she was acting a bit 'looky' but i ignored it. all the while - i kinda knew she'd do something. she's only 3 years old. anyway, i have doen this before, no issues. so of course, i'm going down the road. a huge dump truck drives by making a ton of noise. lilly does nothing.
then there's this cyclist. she stops. starts backing up and then turns. full out GALLOPS down the road. took me about 20 seconds to get her back to a walk and i turn her down another street.
a cyclist of all things, she's a very lax horse so this was surprising. i found it freakishly fun.

however emrhubby was right. i should have my helmet on while riding on the road with cars and especially when i know when Lilly might be having a 3-year-old day.
i can see why people think horse riders are nuts but honestly, a cyclist!? jeesh lilly...

when i got back to the barn i had a stupid smile on my face. emrhubby looked at my suspiciously 'what?' 
"lilly spooked from a cyclist and galloped down the road'.

his next words i will not repeat but he made a nasty face at lilly and then explained i had to wear my helmet on the road for now on and then when into detail about what can happen to my head on a road. OK OK OK. i get it. helmets on the road for now on.

thanks lilly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear your tidbits of life too! (ps. you don't need an account to comment)